People’s Bank Transit Card
People’s Bank Transit Card is Sri Lanka’s first debit card created to enable convenient traveling with hassle-free top-up service via People’s bank Cash Deposit Machines (CDMs) island-wide. This Transit Cardwhich is issued under LankaPay-JCB scheme, can also be used as a normal debit card to make other payments or withdraw cash.
- Existing People’s Bank Account holders
- Can obtain a Transit card from any of the below mentioned People’s Bank branches. The card will be linked to your existing People’s Bank Savings/Current Account and can be used as a regular debit card.
- Non – Accountholders
- If you do not have an account relationship with the People’s Bank, the Transit Card can be used only as a Travel Card.
Maximum Top up Limit: Rs. 10,000/-
Maximum Per Transaction limit per card: Rs. 4,000/-
- Can be used as a Transit Card for travelling purposes.
- Functions as a normal debit card that can be used at ATMs or POS machines.
- Initial Card Issuance is Free of Charge. *
- Lowest ATM Cash withdrawal fee (other bank ATMs) - Rs 15/-
- Cards can be top-up using People’s bank any Cash Deposit Machines(CDMs) island-wide.
How Can I start using the People’s, Transit Card?
- Customer Should Top up the Transit card via People’s Bank Cash Deposit Machines(CDMs)
- ATMs / POS Transactions will be completed the same as normal Debit cards.
- Transport-related transactions can only be completed as a tap & go/ contactless method.
- At the initial stage customers can use this card to purchase highway bus tickets
Transit card Issuing People’s bank branches
- Head Quarters (204)
- Duke Street (001)
- Golden Jubilee (320)
- First City ( 046)
- Union Place ( 014)
- Narahenpita (119)
- Borella ( 078)
- Kirulapone ( 319)
- Thimbirigasaya( 086)
- Town Hall ( 167)
- Dehiwala ( 019)
- Wellawatte (145)
- Elegance (362)
- Kottawa ( 328)
- Battaramulla ( 208)
- Nugegoda ( 174)
- Nugegoda City ( 335)
- Galle Main Street (169)
- Hyde Park Corner (025)
- Galle Fort( 013)
- Dehiwala Galle Road (337)
Transit Card Application Forms
For more information:
- Passenger Inquiries/ Ticket Inquires / Transport payment Disputes Contact : 1955